• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Spent some money on the 05.

Been several years since doing anything to ol trusty.... my 05.

Getting older and having a hearing aid now and having been driving it lately since my 2010 Hemi has been acting up "Found out today I need a tranny overhaul", I find I can't take the drone of straight pipe from cat back in the cab anymore so I ordered a 30" resonator from FTE diesel to see how much quieter it gets, will remove the factory cat at this time as well.

Also ordered a Vulcan 3 micron fuel filter kit with pressure sender tap because some day I might actually add gauges lol.

:ashamed:    Ok,     I've never  bought a new  vehicle.      What happened to the  7- year  100k   dealio?

I never buy new either, I buy them used but still with minimum of a years worth of factory warranty left on them, try to stay under 25K miles when buying them.

I can't believe that tranny went out on a hemi that early. GT tuner have anything to do with it? Tow with it? I had an 03 2500 hemi with about 140,000 miles, diablo sport programmer, air intake, throttle body spacer on the stock tranny with no issues. Towed with, romped on it

It has never experienced the GT yet, it started acting up slightly a couple months ago I noticed an odd shift on occasion but never thought much of it, that was before I even bought the used BD GT. I do tow my pontoon fairly regular in the summer, local tranny shop I will be going to for repair say they see a ton of the newer trannies from cummins and Hemi powered rigs, nothing new to them at all.

Just got done testing out the new additions to the 05 Cummins. Removed the catalytic converter and installed a 30" resonator in its place, I retained pretty much the entire stock exhaust system. I had previously had removed the muffler and put a muffler delete pipe in its place and today I put the resonator in the exact spot the cat was in as it is mounted directly behind the down pipe. I only had to chop the rear section of pipe off the factory cat in order to have the right length of piping and to get the right angles on the pipe going back from there, it was about a 10 in piece and it worked out very well.

Initial test went for a 5 mile drive and it is about 50% quieter than the factory cat straight pipe system and the ear piercing drone seems to be gone inside the cab but you can still make out a good exhaust tone to it, even at idle it is about 75-50% quieter at the end of the pipe than it was which I like a lot better too, seemed to eliminate some of the vibration while driving also that was related to the drone tone.

Also installed the 1/2 inch line Vulcan 3 micron fuel filter kit that mounts under the factory intake and it turned out good as well, I got a bit worried as I have a home designed remote bypass engine oil filter I have mounted in front of the intake and the hoses coming off the front of the fuel filter housing clear my bypass filter by about 1/4 inch at best with some adjustments but it worked, no leaks after the test drive all is good and I now have a bit more piece of mind in more ways than one lol.

• Like 1

Just got home from 75 mile round trip to town, date night at the PRCA Badlands circuit rodeo with the Mrs. tonight, this thing is music to my ears now, sound level in cab is awesome and still has a nice tone at the tip.

Seems to spool a bit smoother and a bit faster as well by getting rid of the Cat.

Check out the classifieds, up for grabs is my current Smarty JR POD for 5.9 CR 400 bucks shipped, I need to sell this first before ordering my next upgrade which will be the Smarty touch setup. I knew if I held out long enough on gauges and such the perfect thing I was waiting for all along would come along and now it is a reality.

• Owner

Check out the classifieds, up for grabs is my current Smarty JR POD for 5.9 CR 400 bucks shipped, I need to sell this first before ordering my next upgrade which will be the Smarty touch setup. I knew if I held out long enough on gauges and such the perfect thing I was waiting for all along would come along and now it is a reality.

To give it more focus...

http://forum.mopar1973man.com/index.php?/classifieds/item/32-59-cr-smarty-jr-pod/