• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

fuel economy trouble shoot flow chart

I know there are   tidbits  buried  all through  this site for   'doing this, doing that'  to get  the most out of  the  fuel dollar..

Is  there a way to   compile   a    trouble shoot- flow chart   to  guide  a  diy'er    to   systematically  go through  the  entire   system?     especially  when   something has  changed, or  is  getting worse.. 

Maybe  start with the  basics;    from   engine health,  electronic health,  driveline health (and of course  driver mental health)  :ashamed: ...    which  could  have actual  measurable  values..      and   where to start looking, measuring.

Then   go even further  with   member  tried and true   'mods'  that   have helped.

All  stuffed into a  neat  easy to find/read  type  article?

Edited by rancherman

• Owner

Mostly its driving style mostly. Then driving speed. That's the major factor. Now since fuel prices came down I just set the cruise for 60-65 MPH and roll. No longer working the hyper-miling method I know and my MPG's have dropped. But if I go back to the trick I've learned about stretching the fuel then I can easily hit 20's again.

Hmmmmm basics: Good bearings (Through whole drivetrain) Full of oil (Whole drivetrain) brakes not dragging, emergency brake not dragging, light foot, some sort of timing box or programmer, good, clean fuel (No air sucking and good filters) correct speed for your vehicle (Mine happens to be 65) 2 stroke never hurts..... If I can think of more I'll edit.

Takes a bit more pre-trip planning but I like to drive downhill with the wind at my back both ways just like mike............................. :evilgrin:  :gun:

unfortunately,  here in  Nebraska,    'what  goes down,  must  come up'..    I'm  always  going  uphill  into the wind..

Hmmmmm basics: Good bearings (Through whole drivetrain) Full of oil (Whole drivetrain) brakes not dragging, emergency brake not dragging, light foot, some sort of timing box or programmer, good, clean fuel (No air sucking and good filters) correct speed for your vehicle (Mine happens to be 65) 2 stroke never hurts..... If I can think of more I'll edit.

short of  the  programmer,   I'm on top of  this^^^

so,   start  checking  the   IAT  and  boost sensor?

BTW..   'mike'!    dunno if  you've  seen this,  but   your  site  got    BIG   'kudos'   on a  BC   page..

Edited by rancherman