• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

anybody have experience with cargo master trailers?

The thing I see wrong with it is the length and the distance between the front axle and the hitch could allow for a lot of weight to be too far forward and tow like crap, one would have to be critical of load placement in that length of trailer since it is just a tandem axle plus being 28 feet and only having 6K axles is a bit light especially if one wants to hauls cars around one has to figure in the weight of the bare trailer which is probably fairly heavy to start with.

• Like 1

What is the GVW of this rig? What about empty weight? I would expect 7k axles on a trailer that size. I'd also look at what they put on it for tires/wheels. Your also looking at a w/d set up and anti sway device, trailers that size can be a handful on the freeway fully loaded.

Something else to think about, your going to have to spend some coin on some good e-track if you plan on hauling things other than a car. They don't offer much for tie down points, and you can easily spend hundreds of dollars in mounting hardware. Its not a deal breaker if you get a good enough deal, but some manufactures include this in their trailers.

Edited by diesel4life
  • Like 1

I definitely agree on the weight distribution system with sway control. That will make a world of difference for ya. It would be easy to tell if it has 6k or 7k axles. The only real difference with the Dexters is 1/2in wheel studs vs. 9/16's studs. Also would be a very good idea to see what they used for tires. Hope they are 10 ply and preferably radial.

Other than the general trailer stuff, I dont know much about that actual brand.

• Like 1

My toy hauler has a WD hitch & frankly I'm no fan.  It wouldn't be driveable without it but I'd much rather have a gooseneck or a 5th wheel.  

I helped out a trader at an encampment.  His trailer had to be removed before the event started but he blew the tranny on his FORD.  I had to drop my googeneck horse trailer, tow his out & hook mine up again. 

He wasn't hauling autos, but trade goods.  He had blown out a total of 4 new tires between the last encampment & that one.   I don't recall the tire details but I think they were not properly load rated despite what the saleasman told him.  

My horse trailer came with D rated bias ply truck tires...  Never had a problem.  My Toyhauler has ST tires & came with a fist full of paperwork...  tire reciepts for blow outs.   

I don't know anything aboout this maker.   I'd look long & hard at the weights, tires & ratings.    

Edited by flagmanruss
  • Like 1

Personally for me on a bumper pull cargo trailer with only two axles I would stay at or under 25 foot unlike a travel trailer campers which usually have the axles a bit more forward to balance the load better and give a more stable ride. :2cents:

Go to some local race tracks and look over what they run and ask some questions there, would be about the best info I could think of to get honest answers on this subject.

• Like 1