• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Air Bags With Goose Neck

What is everyone running for airbags if you have a goose neck hitch. I can't seem to find a kit that doesn't interfere with goose neck mounting hardware. I would like to use bags that go on inside of frame but i would have to discard bottom out blocks (one is missing, rotted off)  and torch off bottom outs on 4" spacer between spring and axle. But i think that location would work good. Anybody has pictures of theirs? and another thing they sell cradle for bottom of the bag that way in off road situation bag doesn't get ripped, any input on that? I do use my truck off road especially when getting fire wood.    I was thinking something like this http://www.amazon.com/57295-LoadLifter-Series-Air-Spring/dp/B001F15YC2  and maybe modify a few things. A guy at air lift said that sweet spot for 57295 part number is between 5-7" and max extended length is 9.5" so I think I'm going with this set up, and will have to make it work. plus right now they got $50 rebate through Airlift.

Edited by Dieselfuture

Are you really sure you even need airbags?   I have a hidden hitch, right over the rear axle (where it was predrilled for..  my gooseneck expert who built my C30 hitch wanted it an inch in front of the axle centerline but I could do that).  My googeneck horse trailer has the axles under the horses, way way back so very high weight on the hitch...  towed like a dream.  (A ***** to crank it off only.) 

But I'm a 8800 GVW truck.   

Are you really sure you even need airbags?   I have a hidden hitch, right over the rear axle (where it was predrilled for..  my gooseneck expert who built my C30 hitch wanted it an inch in front of the axle centerline but I could do that).  My googeneck horse trailer has the axles under the horses, way way back so very high weight on the hitch...  towed like a dream.  (A ***** to crank it off only.) 

But I'm a 8800 GVW truck.   

Not sure if I need it, but a lot of times when towing I ride on overloads, not bad but definitely using them. So I figured better be on safe side, and not overwork my springs.