• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

testing engine on stand wiring ?

Hi, i'm new to this site and there is a-lot of neat stuff on here.I got a question that maybe someone can help me out with.I got a 24v engine out of a 2001 school bus been sitting for a long time so i threw it on my motor stand and put a new head on it. I want to test it on the stand but having trouble wiring the apps because it is on the throttle pedal and not on the side of the pump. I don't want to burn the pump up by doing something stupid for it is a new one.I have already had it running but only at idle i want to throttle it up but can't figure it out . Thanks Craig

http://dodgeram.org/tech/dsl/ECM/

This site will show how the APPS functions.Measure total resistance from the "C" & "A" pins on the existing APPS & go to Radio Shack to get a potentiometer to replace it with. Use a switch to replace the "Idle validation" section of it. On those schematics, you MUST use the "ISB" & not the "Dodge" wiring. It's on the "Left" side.

Ed

The one I posted had the ISB wiring on it, at least for testing purposes.

Ed

http://dodgeram.org/tech/dsl/ECM/

This site will show how the APPS functions.Measure total resistance from the "C" & "A" pins on the existing APPS & go to Radio Shack to get a potentiometer to replace it with. Use a switch to replace the "Idle validation" section of it. On those schematics, you MUST use the "ISB" & not the "Dodge" wiring. It's on the "Left" side.

Ed

Another simple wiring diagram...

apps-sensor.jpg

Now remember this is for the Dodge Cummins not the industrial which might have different pins. I suggest you swap over to a Dodge wiring harness and ECM before going to much farther.