• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Vacuum Leak Problem?

I started my truck up as normal yesterday morning. When I drove off I noticed a brief hesitation and loudness in my exhaust. Just for a brief second or two!I tighten down all of bolts to my new intercooler boots and a couple of them needed to get snugged up.I scanned for codes but found none. I have a little leak coming from my canister but that was there before this happened.Where else can I look?Any help would be appreciated.Thanks,Steve2000 6spd. stock 270k

Michael,The fuel pressure is great!I need to finish building this vacuum tester to check her out for any leaks.I can duplicate the noise if I stay at a low speed with a higher gear and accelerate a bit. The is exhaust noise only there for a second or two.Steve

I think that would be a good idea. I have not done that yet.I guess for the cracks I would be looking for any discoloration from the manifold right? Could I check the wastegate by putting a little air to the turbo hose inlet?Thanks for your feed back.Steve

• Owner

I think that would be a good idea. I have not done that yet.

I guess for the cracks I would be looking for any discoloration from the manifold right?

No there wouldn't be discoloration... It just air that passes through there...

Could I check the wastegate by putting a little air to the turbo hose inlet?

Yes... Build a cap and put a air chuck fitting in the the cap and hook to a air compressor with a regulator set no higher than about 20 PSI. Then soap the whole system down look for bubbles... MAP & IAT sensors, manifold cover, intake elbow, boots, intercooler, etc.

Thanks for your feed back.

Steve

Comments in blue...