Jump to content


Platinum Member
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Timd32 last won the day on August 26 2019

Timd32 had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

33 Unskilled

Personal Information

  • Location (City, State)

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. This place has a lot of instructions and some videos. The only front kits I saw were inside the spring helpers for the front. https://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&inc_subcat=1&categories_id=1806&year_select=1996&make_select=620&model_select=8129&x=124&y=16
  2. You might be good to go then, these are a little different then like a conventional limited slip rear. Here is some info on these. http://www.demandaam.com/technical-support/aam-diferrentials/tracrite-gt-helical-gear-limited-slip-differential Also found a few videos, the one is a little scary dont think I'm throwing mine on a jack but worked out just fine for them. Maybe hold off on opening the cover if you think it was just done. Kinda same principal I think. Second video linked to this one....
  3. Could not find those numbers either. But did find the info between the Open Diff and Limited Slip. Guess since it's new to you, would change the fluid and might be easier to figure it out. Plus who knows what's in there to start with. From most of the AAM documents the part number listed for an open Diff is: That open Diff part number was superceded in 2017. 11.5 " Rear Axle Open Differential Case with Internal Gears Effective immediately, the part number for the open differential case with internal gears
  4. There are some troubleshooting steps available at torqueking. Scroll down to the bottom. Might help on the 4WD issue. https://torqueking.com/product/40224/qu40224-vacuum-shift-motor-kit-for-dana-cad-front-axles/ If not the correct axle then disregard.
  5. I'm not sure on your question, but if you cant find a free download the ATSG books are around $40 they have a blue cover you can get PDF and paper most of the time off a bunch of places. I could not find a free download, I was able to find a preliminary book they put out, alot of places are passing this on as the rebuild manual but it is not the full version it's just a snapshot of the trans. Good luck in your search and repair. I have had 9 of those vehicles, 2013 thru 2016, there was a reflash for some shifting issues about late 2017 that helped alot and a
  6. @dieselautopower Had a very nice sized targeted ad for DAP while reading Business Insider about the Boeing Max mess. Was actually nice to see an ad for once knowing they are a good supporter of the site.
  7. Sounds like you need to pull the codes and see what is stored in causing the 3rd gear start. There are a few items. Renew your membership and download the book. It's available for download. This is on page 36 of the ATSG book, but you should start back at page 34. Pull codes, pressure checks, compare the psi to what the data back to the PCM. After the easy stuff like checking the fuses and power to the PCM, the connector it self. Good luck with you repair.
  8. Sound good. I checked my other books, I have a 96 ABS book maybe 40 pages, and a giant TSB book from 96, and the manual supplement but I think that is for a bunch of vehicles not specific to our trucks.
  9. Should be in the FSM. The you can either use the index or the tabs. The item is usually detailed in the section for the part. I'll download what's up there and take a look. I have it from TechAuthority. But I think it's all the same. My guess is you see this note in the FSM> from your other post about the speed sensor issue. Not sure what book that references, but I think the FSM has a few great areas to assist you without that one. Never really noticed that reference before. I usually find t
  10. Sign up here for a membership, all the books are available for download to paid members. There are multiple tiers for membership.
  11. I got some bottoms and a top and modified them to all fit together with a butcher block top. I agree the color is much brighter then my older box, but it's hard to paint match in my case my old box is from 1997 so it would be expected not to match. The quality was what I expected and prices was decent, I got them at Lowes everything was on sale at some point. Top was a blemished from the kitchen area. Had to drill out a bunch of rivets to remove the top cover and some interior panels on the top to drill the sides thru, then just used the plastic rivets from
  12. Little hard to get them at our local Sears anymore. It closed then the roof collapsed a few months later, then to save on taxes the whole thing came down. I have never had good luck "shopping" at a NAPA for stuff, they have a ton of stuff out on the shelves but usually the counter folks are pretty crabby. Kinda have to have a specific mission and stick to that at our local ones.
  • Create New...