• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Owning up to a mistake... Tahoo Toy Hauler

I have to admit I'm from the boat world...  which shares systems with campers but not the shell.  This Trailer was a mistake.  Besides the lack of title (which I should have walked away right there)...  so the trailer can not be properly registered.  The last title was a SALVAGE title out of California...  and there are obivious signs of repairs.

Besides all that...  there has been a steady stream of problems.  The biggest is the roof leaks & even after having a rubber roof put on ($1000), continues to leak.  The leakage has apparently run down...  and continues to run down...  inside the walls, causing a bunch of problems.  There are leaks in the main bed room, wetting & staining the paneling from the back. But the biggest problem is the floor & sill has rotted inside & under the entry door & extending to the hinge side under the wall.  The refridgerator is on the inside.  The entry step is half falling off.  I could pull the door threashold to try to patch the floor but I don'tr see anyway to repair the sill under the wall beyond the door.

I am pretty disabled & don't have help...  If I take this appart, I'm afraid it won't go back together. 

I spent a year chasing the mice in  this rig...  

I think it's time to quit.  At least stop spending money I can't afford on it.  Thiswill mean the end of my "camping".  But this day has been coming as my MS has progressed. 

• Staff

Darn, I wish you were out on the west coast as I love doing the impossible and helping someone. Been around wood and structures all my life. Seen many a ways to solve problems.

The first thing is stay away from any rv type work and it's generally accepted levels of quality. It's not good like a real boat or like a good experienced professional carpenter.

Russ if you consider making the long trip, I would help you for no compensation. I own a camping place you can stay here in Oregon.

• Staff

I know your right Mike, but if he made a vacation out of it, the west has better camping, mountains and more national parks. Plus he could stop over your place.

Others might chime in for more free overnight camping so he could get rested up along the way.

That'd be great to get your help too if it could work.

I appreciate the thoughts, guys!  I think the nearly 3000 miles (one way) might do me in!  Maybe we could just leviate me & the Toyhauler to your location.  (Beam Me Up, Scottie!)  

Wife went up on the roof & exhamined the edges of the rubber roof which goes over the roof edge moulding.  It's hard to understand how water is getting in, but it is.  THe awning has tears starting so we don't use it...  but I wonder if the screwed on track is leaking.  It still doesn't explain the other side. 

A friend is using a horse type mounting block in place of her steps...  which have failed similarly.  We have a hunk of plywood over the soft spot at the door for now.  I'm thinking of bolting an angle bracket to the partition (where the floor is pulling away) to support a floor patch.  

I think this unit is too far gone to reverse...  unless I clear it to a deck & build a new cabin on the frame.  (not happening)