• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2014 VW Jetta TDI emissions

• 2 weeks later...

Wife finally ran one tank through and hand calculated the mileage, @ a bit over 8k miles on the car now and recent deletes with eco stage 2 Malone tuning it went from a before average of 38-39 to this first tank of daily driving of 44.6 mpg. Not too shabby of a gain, hoping to see more as it breaks in a bit more and some more road miles.

Pics of this last weekends wash day. Even got the Nissan Convertible washed and ready for tomorrows trip to Iowa.

post-180-0-78445700-1434581876_thumb.jpg

post-180-0-25031900-1434581980_thumb.jpg

post-180-0-10889300-1434582258_thumb.jpg

post-180-0-38211300-1434582306_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Wife is taking it on the first long road trip the next couple days headed to southern Minnesota for a family gathering. Will get some road trip mileage if she can keep it under 90 mph. :duh:

It has done from 42 to 45 mpg over the last 3 tanks since the delete just normal daily driving it. Up from best of 39 before deletes. :thumb1:

Ha Ha, wife got a speeding ticket on the way to Minn...............no surprise there. was doing 85 in a 75 but officer reduced it to 80 so no points off license, lucky she was still in ND just before Fargo otherwise the sting would have been a lot worse especially since their limit is 70 and not 75 like ND, got spoiled a few weeks earlier in SD on way to Iowa where interstate speed limit is now 80 mph.

She did 49.4 mpg on the way to Mankato Minn last weekend from Bismarck ND. Pretty darn sweet mileage, :woot: Cost of Deletes and ecu tuneing are paying back fast now since in stock form never hit 40 mpg.

Still waiting to see what she did on the return trip at normal speeds lol.

She lost her receipt with the amount of fuel for the return trip but she is confident it did even better than the 49.4 it did on the way down from what she remembers putting in when she got home and she drove nicer and wasn't fighting a wind like the trip down. We will never know.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

That's awesome, I'm just now catching up in the game. Debating which year to purchase. Sounds like 02-03 with a manual was the king for longevity and simplicity, but they are hard to find with lower miles if you can find them at all. I'm finding a lot of them in 2010-15 range for under 10k with average 50k +- still need to do more research, if pros and cons four different years. 

How many miles you got on the thing by now, how's it been doing?

Been on the hunt for a 13-14 tdi, probably a sportswagon with a full roof and of course a 6 speed manual. Man they don't give them away like anything else that makes sense. I've been looking for something with smaller diesel that sounds good and great on mpg, I think this will be it. 

Thanks for the thread, it got me in the right direction. 

Edited by Dieselfuture

So I got a 2013 tdi jetta sportwagen, although door says 9/12 hope it's OK year. I've been reading a ton on these, it's a new world for me. Crap is adding up quick, this thing is almost more anal than my truck. Finding out now that these have something like cp4 high pressure pump and they are a gamble. Conversion kit to cp3 is a small fortune but probably worth it. Though I'd get a 2micron kit with his glass media filter, but can't find any now, seems to be discontinued and no one knows any better. At this point thinking I should of kept buying oil for my Honda lol, now got a loan and a headache. 

Where did you go @Wild and Free I have some questions for you :whistle2:

Edited by Dieselfuture