• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Will Harbor Freight 1 Ton Hoist Reach?

I have to pull my head, and the hoist I had lined up fell through.  I can either a new or used 1 ton HF hoist, and am wondering if it will reach our motors.  I'm only using it to pull the head, as it's just me, and there are no handy trees around me to help.

From the center of my engine, to the front of the bumper is about 39"  It says it can reach up to 45". so you should be good.  Worse case you can insert your own extension, as the head ways all of 130lb's

Just went and measured.  Looks like the actual usable length of the 2 ton hoist is only 43" from the Ram to the hook.  Unfortunately due to my Ranch Hand bumper I'm going to need more like 50".  May have to look into alternative removal techniques.

• 1 month later...

I have one of those HF tranny jacks described. Except for the forward to back tilt being difficult to turn it handled my NV5600 at near 400# fine. It would not be something I would want to use everyday for a living, but served me well the one time I used it. I have to put in a new clutch soon so I will be breaking it out again. Got lucky on mine and found it on Craigs list at half retail and it had hardly been used.

I had to rig mine to where the pump handle rested on the frame or exhaust just to keep from letting down. If I would have turned the bleed screw any tighter I would have snapped it. Took it back to them after I was finished got my money back. $160