• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Side-to-Side Play in Brake and Clutch Petal

I was driving home last night and the brake and clutch petals got weird on me.  There was a lot of play side-top-side and the brake petal was sticking.  I was able to safely get it home. 

The e-clip on the brake pedal side was gone and the rod had pushed through as you can see from the pictures.  I removed the brake light switch (guessing that is what it was) and I was able to wiggle the rod back through.  However, getting the nylon insert in proved to be a pain.  I disconnected both the clutch and brake petals from their respective push rods and I was able to quickly shimmy the insert into place. 

Nothing earth shattering here, but I thought I would share in case anyone had this problem in the future.  Not sure where the e-clip went or how long it had been missing.  I combed the floor and came up with nothing.  Off to find one now. 

For future reference the part# is 04103262 for these retaining clips.

post-1984-0-93319500-1435936617_thumb.jp

post-1984-0-36066600-1435936630_thumb.jp

Edited by Hawkez