• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I have never had one die but here's whats happing. It shuts off just like you turned the key off and back on in a split second. It did it about 10 times in two miles. I have been hauling heavy off and on for about two weeks. I mean my foot in it climbing hills and such with about 29k combo weight. Another thing my boost will only climb to 21 and takes for ever to get there. EGTS wont get above 1000. Now the only thing I am running is the boost elbow that came with the old Edge EZ, you would think it would be better than that. I have just been driving like grand paw for the past year or so but am back to custom baling for the public. I didn't know it was so low on HP. This motor came out of a 2001 auto, I put my turbo on it and its stock other than intake. It has about 150k on the turbo and checks out ok, you think its time for inj? They have 260k on stock inj. No smoke other than normal, light puff between gears dark in color. 

• Owner

The dropping of power sound like electronics issue. 99% of the time if a APPS sensor fails you get dead pedal and a P0121, P0122 or P0123 codes. Very rarely does a APPS sensor sneak by without tripping a code. So I would start with error codes and see what pops up.

Might be time for the injectors to be pop tested to to verify.

What's your boost pressure like? Any boost leaks? Being you got very little smoke I kind of doubt the boost leaks and turbo issues being present. I'm leaning more towards lack of fuel issues. How about fuel pressure? Possibly a bad Edge EZ module? Circuit board corroded?

No Edge, I removed it a while back. All I have is the boost elbow that came with it. And it struggles to get to 21lbs. After I posted I noticed I am running about 1 pound less on fuel pressure, it normally runs 15 and down to 14 when I shift and level off at 15. Now I noticed 14 and down to 13 and level off at 14, I can get 15 if I baby the throttle
Ok I just checked codes and I got a P0122 then a P1693

Yeah, I have two apps at the shop complete with the bell and everything. I hope there good, all I should have to do is set the accelerator pedal and go. Fuel pressure I hope is just filters, I been running fuel from my storage tank and it's getting time to clean it. I hate the thought I have to buy another pump.

When I took my Banks chip out I still had their waste gate actuator that open near 32 psi on and passing was no fun. I had to roll into the throttle slowly and keep it below 20 psi, if not the ECM would defuel and it would take for ever to pass.

• Like 1