• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ran off the highway...

• Owner

Yeah it happen to me again. Stupid people in a hurry and driving to fast. I can see a semi-truck coming towards me then a Chevy pickup come bouncing out from behind the semi-truck I was forced to emergency stop into the shoulder / ditch of the highway to avoid a head on collision. Don't get me wrong there is time I will drive fast but passing people please look well ahead of the vehicle ahead of you before pulling out.

Then again tonight I with a Deputy from the sheriffs office setting up the CDL class for the fire dept and we got passed by a motorcycle illegally over a double yellow line. People slow down there is nothing in this world worth getting yourself in accident or killed.

• Like 3

I was driving to town here in Alabama on a 4 lane divided highway with cut thrus in the median for left turns. The speed limit was 65. I see a small 2 door coming from the opposite direction slowing down to make a left. At the last second he makes the turn, comes across my travel lanes on a 45* angle and passes me in my emergency lane all to get into a parking lot that did not line up with his cut thru. About the most idiotic thing i have seen any one do in a long time. For a lit second I thought should just run over him instead of putting the brakes on.

Recently I was driving down a divided 4 lane highway, 7k lbs in tow, 62mph in a 65mph speed limit, hardly any other traffic on the road.

I was coming up on a car going noticeably slower so I switched to the left lane and as soon as I did he started pulling away, so I jumped back in the right lane.

A few seconds later I'm gaining on him fast so I switch lanes and again he starts pulling away. He did this to me 4 times and twice I had to slow down to 50mph to let other traffic go by. So needless to say I was slightly annoyed, seriously thinking about trading some paint with him.

So I let him pull this stunt one more time and as soon as he started slowing down I unleashed every bit of HP the ol girl would give me, he floored it when I got next to him but I had to momentum. I waited until the back of my car hauler was a few inches past his bumper and switched lanes. He locked up his tires and quit screwing around after that.

I don't encourage road rage but this guy had it coming.

• Like 3