• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

sleeping with the bucket

I hate to tell on myself but this is to funny not to tell. i recently moved my 5th wheel from Augusta GA to Muscle Shoals AL. While sweeping off the roof before leaving I noticed my roof needs my attention. So I figure I can do it when I get set up in Alabama. i get there Saturday and and get pretty lazy and take the day off and pretty much sunday too. Bare in mind it rained on us so much in Georgia I really was not worried. Along about Wednesday it started raining here and I noticed a small drip at one of my roof vents. no big deal i will deal with it after the rain. Well it just rains harder and the leak gets worse and i end up with a 8 quat pot under it. Then I go up into the bedroom and the one above the bed is leaking. By then it is raining to hard to go out side and try to do anything so i just try and accommodate the problem for the night with a couple of towels and all seems well. I wake up about 2 in the morning and my feet are wet. So i pulled the insulation pillow pluggy thing I have stuffed in both of them and notice that I can see sky and trees. Turns out both of the vent cover have blown of and now i have 2 14" X 14" hole in the roof and it is raining like a bat out of hell. Any way i spent the night with a 5 gallon bucket in the bed and only had to move once. 

Boy what a triple dumb *** on me!!! :doh:  :doh:  :doh:

• Like 1

No i did not leave them up. I hardly ever use them. They just came apart. The plastic that is left is kind of rubbery?  That is what happened to the to OE ones and I replaced them about 5 years ago. They looked fine but when you grab them they are very flexible and fragile. The remnants that are still on the frame are the same way. It is weird the new ones are very rigid. I have 2 fantastic fans on the other 2, looks like lexan and they are original and look like new. The place I went only had Camco replacements and they are just like the OE. Guess I need to put them on the 5 year list.

• Like 1

• Staff

Should of been here last night it pour rain and the lightning show was rather good. I'm glad to report the fire radio didn't go off last night and I don't see smoke in the air. I might have to take a walk down to the RV and check inside it being I do have the roof vent cracked open and 2 windows.

The fires did start but probably quite a ways from your district. 

• Owner

Talking to the Deputy tonight there was over 80 new fires started. Dry lightning tonight on my way home. Praying for rain! :pray: As for the RV I went out to check it and it was still dry inside but the roof vents are full of pine needles even though the vents are barely opened. I guess one of these days I grab the vacuum and clean them up. I've already done the roof coating and been doing chalking around lights and seams. So far so good and staying dry inside. :wink: 

• Owner

The fires did start but probably quite a ways from your district. 

The Teepee Fire is in my district and rolling hard now. Just mere 2.5 miles away from the house to Elk Lake Road where I was station last night to wait for the fire to come.

Sitting here watching cops on TV and listening to the rain bouncing off of my new roof vents. The buckets are put up. Ahhhh, life is dry!!! :thumb1:

Good to hear...