• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Where can I buy a basic drill with a chuck key?

flagmanruss

My old & well used...  40+ years old...  drill motor needs service or maybe just replacing.  When I run it, the screws that mount the frame front body to the plastic handle get HOT (temperature, not shocking)...  so after a few minutes I can't hold it.  It's just a corded 3/8 drill forward only.   

With my disability on my left side...  I can't grip a keyless chuck to tighten it.    

So where can I buy a drill with a chuck key?  The only ones I see are high priced units & I just want a basic 3/8 drill. 

I bought a cheapo 1/2" drill with a chuck from menards a few years ago. Tool shop is the brand, I'd say it was an ok drill. The chuck didn't operate all that smooth and if I was drilling thicker steel the smoke would start coming out. Actually the last time i was using it I saw smoke so I just held it wide open until it was billowing smoke and locked up. That stink lingered in the garage for a few days. I'm sure for lighter use it would be just fine.

I had to hit up 2 Pawn Shops.  The first one had a too heavy hammer drill...  the second one has a Bosch 3/8" HD.  Heavier than I like but workable.  Both had genuine chuck keys.  

$22 + tax. 

Now I can drill holes with out branding the palm of my hands.