• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

is my AFE pro dry air filter still working??

Ok guys I been known to ask some Jerry Seinfeld questions .....  but I just need to know for sure...  

My filter has been on the truck atleast 60k miles.  I've washed it the proper way...  I don't normally put air pressure to it... but I decided to just to feel how much air I would feel passing through the filter....  I pushed some air from the inside out and could hardly feel any air going thru the other side ...

I been having trouble getting above 25lbs of boost lately ... and I want to rule out the air filter .. ..  any input on this is greatly appreciated  

• Owner

One reason I kept my filter minder. I know the filter minder is set up for inches of water column. So the vacuum level is extremely light to pull it down. This way I know exactly when my filter is tired out. So you can get filter minders as generic.

https://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=filter+minder&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=filter+minder&channel=fs&tbm=shop

I agree on the filter minder.. would be a good addition.  Although I can say I had one on a powerstroke a while back and I never seen the device show any type of restriction maybe I just kept a good filter the whole time ...

I'm going to dish out for another filter just to rule it out and have oiece of mind. ...  thanks guys 

I would install a filter minder first as well before going with another filter. I ran The same filter for about 100K in very dirty conditions with the outer cover and it was still like new when I sold the pickup. There should be no reason to replace that filter other than if it is damaged, blow gun is all I ever used to clean and my UOA were clean as a whistle.

• Owner

Me personally I would of dish out for the filter minder. The filter minder is way cheaper then you'll know if you have to dish out for the filter which is much more expensive. What funny my last BHAF cost me about $50 buck it will go a full 100k miles or 5 years at least. So I would spend the $20 or $30 bucks to measure restriction that wasting good money replacing possibly a good filter. Then again we'll never know if the filter is actually filtering down to rated micron start after X amount of washing either.

• 1 month later...