• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mpg...

capj

Set a new record [for me] on MPG in my 93'. :thumb1:23.447 mpg ... up from 23.2.General mixed town and rural driving with about 1000 pounds of stuff in the bed..... no towing.2 cycle / 1oz. per gallon of fuel. :thumbup2:

• 1 year later...

i have been messing with mine, when i put it on setting 5 and have the low end response low i do about~16 @65mph with a steady foot cruising level highway.When i put the setting 5 to max low end response i shoot up to ~20-21 @65mpg same foot same level highway.I can even tell a difference in output when i do this. All this is on my edge juice with attitude. For the cruise to function at these setting cause it is so sensitive it has a delay cycle of too much too little throttle and its constantly on off. I will fix this by putting the cruise cable higher on the throttle arm.this is all with 34" tires and just reading whats on the overhead idiot console. havent done the math to figure out the true mpg's...:banghead:

• Owner

Also running Edge Comp on 5x5... But don't have the surge problem.As for corrected MPG's my scangauge is closer to the mark thean hand math because my odometer is off by 0.5 MPH so by the end of a tank the odometer is off by 20-30 miles compared to my ScanGauge II and Garmin GPS V are dead on the mark. So if you going to do hand math do it off a GPS to get true correction of speed/distance because the percentage is a false way. Typically using percentage will boost it highier that actual. :rolleyes:

not to be picky but i measure my tune by how many times i turn the fuel screw, AFC, and start wheel. we are talking about the 1st gen VE pumps here after all :P btw i got my fuel screw turned in 1.5 turns, smoke screw (afc) bottomed and start wheel cranked downward 6 or 7 turns could still use a little more fuel i'm sure

• Owner

Like Relentless70 he's also a 1st gen like you and way he does it...AFC starwheel he counts from the bottom up.Smoke screw from flush in the lid down.Fuel screw... He won't mess with because we already gone beyond the stock throttle arm placement and had to re-index the arm because of idle being too high with the idle screw down to flush... She's turned up...