• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel Site. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Cummins owners. We try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use.

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members
    • Member Garage where you can display your vehicles and modifications.
    • Download Files, documents, and tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.

i was moving my jake switch to my stick and went to try it and i have power but it does not turn over or nothing just wondring if thats a dead batt.  or a blow fuse?

First off using a DVM test your batteries. Then while the DVM is out I would test all the fuses in the power distribution center under the hood. Then move to the cab and test the fuses in the cab. For the small blade style test light is much quicker testing but this will not work for the bigger block style fuses.

Taz I think AH64ID talking about the dash lights. Any of the warning lights on the dash blink?

Edited by Mopar1973Man

If the battery was dead the dash would die, basically, when you try to start it. 

Try disconnecting the batteries for a bit and the retrying. Some 06's have a issue with the TIPM programming and the standard amp draw of the starter. In a nut shell it senses "too" much amperage for the starter, even if it's normal, and if it does that so many starts in a row it will disable the starter output. Disconnecting the batteries can fix it, temporarily.