• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

keyless entry

I have always seen this little light on the knee panel but it havr never been on so never really looked into it. After I changed my batteries on Saturday that light is always flashing when the truck is off.i kinda looked in to it today and that light runs to a keyless entry box under the steering wheel. 

Did these trucks come with keyless entry? If they did how do I shut that light off. On a plus side the doors don't lock on startup anymore also I did pull the box down if doesn't have any name on it.

Yea these trucks have keyless...Mine worked great until my fob took a trip to the bottom of 11 mile res when we tipped a canoe haha.  

The light is a 3rd party system though.  It might be a 3rd partry keyless, but you will have to dig to find out.

Nice that's going to have to wait tell warmer days right around 0 here. Do you think me unplugging the batteries  reset the thing. I wouldnt thibk unplugging the box would hurt anything 

Where did they keep the factory keyless box at 

Edited by catnhat

Usually there is a little black button. somewhere with in the harness. Somtimes they mount it in the kick Panel. Somtimes it just zip tied up with the wiring. Cycle key while pushing button with shut the flashing light off. 

It's prob. An aftermarket alarm or keyless entry. Disconnecting. battery's. Def reset these. Ur lucky the truck started if it is an alarm. U can still disengage the alarm with the key and pushing the button if u don't have the remote. 

serveimage.gif

Never got a key fob with the truck.The part that flashing is definitely a button when I first got the truck I would push it seeing if it did anything.the funny this that it the button is on the plastic panel right above my left knee. One of the main reasons I made that post was out of fear that I wouldn't let my truck start someday. 

Do you mean hold the button and turn the key to the on position or start the truck. 

Edited by catnhat

Push the button and cycle the key. Try it different ways. Some are different then others. Seeing how it's not doing anything. It may be disconnect some how. Possible the alarm horn has been taken out?  But I'm sure u can make it stop blinking. 

Play with it. Hold button and cycle key. Somtimes starting the truck while doing this works. Or just the cycle of the key while holding button. Some are different then others. U can also try cycling the key it the door. Try both drivers and pass. Door. Just stick the key in and cycle back and forth. Some aftermarket alarms are disengage this way. 

The factory horn works. I would say it's not working at the moment because the doors don't auto lock anymore which is great because they never unlocked. So my passenger door isn't locked when I walk to that side which you would think after this long I would remember to unlock them before I walk to that side of the truck.I think tomorrow I might pull my truck into works heated garage and look a little closer.  I know there was no name just  a sticker with a bar code and numbers 

Edited by catnhat

It could be a remote start. I found one in my old dodge caravan when I bought it. I took the kick panel off and found the box. I wrote down the numbers and name and found it on the web. I now have a working fob and how to program it. Its great to have remote start on these cold days.

Ok I depind one of the plugs when I pushed the clutch in. it is factor for sure after looking at it. For somereason someone has put the flashing lights into the box because that part does not look factory. Thanks for trying to help definitely going to have to look into this a little bit more. 

Well after a long talk with the dealer the truck did come factory with it. Other then that they where no help but nothing new there. She did make sure to tell me it was 100 bucks for the fob and 86 for them to program it . I have low beams now so I am guessing there is a loose wire under there somewhere.         This morning I ended up breaking the valet button trying to figure out what was wrong but the light still flashes other than a new button and the key fobs everything should work still?

Edited by catnhat