• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Weekend Help

Mopar1973Man

Of late I have been getting a week or so of down time between jobs. More between the last one. If I have much time between the office is going to find me something to do. We have 40 supers, there is always something to do. Warranty work, punch lists, you name it. I have also finished a job in New Jersey on a Friday just to have to be in Jacksonville Fl on the following Monday to start another. There were only 23 or so of us then. It just varies with me. 

I am fortunate to work with CFA and very fortunate to be employed by W H Bass. Even though we are a large company we have manged to keep our smaller roots. There is no one I cannot pick the phone up and call, from the owner, to the president and on down the line. It is a company that genuinely cares about their employees. Don't get me wrong it is still about making money and being successful.

Right after I came on with Bass, 18 years ago, one of the secondary owners wanted to and grew the company quickly into a large fiasco. After he left and all the pieces were sorted out the owner and 3 of the principals in the company mortgaged their houses and kept the company alive. They did not have to do that, they could have closed the doors and gone on their way. But they did not. I never missed a days work or a penny in pay. These are men I truly respect and receive the same respect from them.  

Got a little long winded there but I have been very fortunate with this association.

• Like 1

• Staff
4 hours ago, The_Hammer said:

I've been thinking about it, I really have no idea what kind of business to start.

I should have an AFM lifter job lined up soon, that's easy money. 

When I was young with my very first pick up truck I would advertise that I would do local hauling. I would haul things for the local museum and other private families. One client was very wealthy and found that I was a good worker so he offered me a job to do a variety of things for him on a regular basis. Not anything full time mind you but, he called enough that I always had money in my pocket with the other work in between. He always gave me a good tip and was fun to work for in that I think we shot the bs about his big cattle ranch and his life. Anyway I always got done what he wanted for the day. This lasted till I decided to move away to a greener part of the country and start a new life less crowded.

It was a fun little business with lots of different folks and things to do.

Edited by JAG1