• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Changing a VP44

15 hours ago, Hawkez said:

What will be different with driving it un tapped?

It will still pull more than a commonrail. Night and day difference from stock setting to level 5x5 even without the pump wire tapped. Im geared 3.54 and my 04.5 6 speed was 3.73. The 24v has more get up and go in the 1000-2000 rpm range. Over 2000 rpm not as much difference vs the stock commonrail. but still pulls a bit more.

I'm debating if i'm even going to put the wire tap on. The clutch probably be happier with the wire not tapped. And empty more than enough power.

Edited by moparguy55

3 hours ago, moparguy55 said:

It will still pull more than a commonrail. Night and day difference from stock setting to level 5x5 even without the pump wire tapped. Im geared 3.54 and my 04.5 6 speed was 3.73. The 24v has more get up and go in the 1000-2000 rpm range. Over 2000 rpm not as much difference vs the stock commonrail. but still pulls a bit more.

Not the same case as my brother's CR...... Trucks were dead even until 75 or so. Then he pulled away.

Edited by TFaoro
  • Like 1