• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What's it like to have a waste gate?

The aurora 2k doesn't really have lag due to it's size, but the top end is VERY limited due to that sizing.  

The 60/68/12 will have similar lag to the 2k due to its improved design and your fueling upgrades, but also support more top end.  

Edited by Me78569

The 60/68/12 would need to be accompanied with the 125 sticks though.. right? 

How do you feel the super b would compare to the 2K? Would I notice a difference?

I may have an opportunity to pick up an Aurora 3k. It has 100K miles on it. Do turbos have a useful life? How would it fit into this? 

Thanks for the info!

Edited by dodgedieselnewbie

Yes you should have bigger injectors to use the bigger turbo.

It takes fuel combustion enegt to spin the turbo.  Ie to get boost you need fuel.

The 3k should be rebuilt before use.  I am not a huge fan of ats stuff myself, but it would work.

The upgrade between. The 2k and 3k or 60/68 wouldn't be mind blowing but with 125's and a 60/68 you would have a reliable fast spooling 450 ish hp truck.  Egts likely wouldn't be an issue.  

I guess the question is, Do you want more power than you have now?

The real question is.. do I need more power? No.. not really. I am just looking to improve tow-ability.. a little more umph while going down the road or climbing a grade. I only towed twice last year after I got the truck but felt it struggled a little going up grade but was told that maybe i had the box turned too low while cruising down the highway and didn't have the 50hp injectors I have now? 

Even though not a fan (too expensive?)... do you think the 3k could give me the little extra I could be looking for? I know this was a "what's it like to have a waste gate" thread and the 3k wouldn't have one either.. but I think I've grown accustomed to it and can keep it under control?!?!