• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I flipped the axles on a trailer we had years ago and the Fifth wheel that we have now has flipped axles.  I have never had any issues with them.  It gives more clearance to your trailer.  I would ask who flipped them and double check the work to make sure it is quality.

We did this to an axle a many years ago and it really wasn't that hard to do.  I had a friend that had done several so he was to one barking orders and I was just doing what I was told.  I think the only thing that I had to buy was new U bolts.  They had a home made tool that verified everything was straight and it pulled just fine after we did that.  I bet there are a few YouTube video floating around. 

• Staff
9 hours ago, Hawkez said:

I bet there are a few YouTube video floating around. 

You can start with this You-Tube video   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pk3u2rDF7s

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Mike it really isn't that hard. i didn't watch the video maybe i should. i flipped all my trailers axles took about 2 hours with my 10 year old helping me. as for making them strait. i used a tape and go to the tongue. each side should match. then you'll want to make sure your spring hanger on the trailer is in good order. i've seen several brake off. i weld a cross piece or some might think of it as a fish plate on mine to help stiffen it up. it's more an issue on heavier trailer like toy haulers.

something i didn't see them do was put a torpedo level on the old spring perch.

if this was for a small flat bed you don't have to weld new perches just role the axle around and over. i did that on my 5x10 flatbed and no tracking issues or tire ware issues either.

• Staff
3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Hmmm... I've thought about doing both trailers on a axle flip but that's a bit more than I could do solo.

Will work for coffee  Have mug  Will travel 

56de470cc3e11_animated-smileys-drinking-

• Like 1