• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Power problem on 96 ram3500 5.9 cummins

Hello to all. I am new to the site. I was looking on the web for a issue I have and came across this site. There's a lot of knowledge here and hopefully it will help me out and learn me some stuff. I have a 96 ram3500 5.9 cummins. I replaced the front cover gasket, had injector pump rebuilt. I rebuilt the transmission. I got her all back togather and runs great. Except my altenators not charging and I have no power to transmission. When I check with a volt meter at the 2 small wires on altenator they get 12.6 volts when keys turned on and within 2-3 seconds it counts voltage down to like 0.6 and stays there. Never changes running or not only as soon as keys on for couple seconds. Same thing at power wires going to transmission. It is the exact same thing. I have no codes, no blown fuses, both batteries are new and fully charged. I can't find any grounds off or wires pinched or anything to make this happen. If anyone can help please please do so. It will be greatly appreciated.

Transmission and Charging is all you're missing?

Try swapping the ASD relay in the Power Distribution Center (The black box next to the drivers side battery).

Also check #4 fuse in the PDC for power on both sides while the issue is occurring.