• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

No wait to start light

Good morning gang. My uncles 99 has no wait to start light however the grids cycle after it starts. With a test light there is no trigger from the ecm when you cycle the key. No codes and it runs great. It also has a new IAT sensor. Thanks in advance for any guidance 

No codes.  I ran the instrument cluster test and it didn't illuminate so we'll check the bulb. I'm Hoping that's it but it's definitely not firing the grids. We're going to check in the morning when it's cold

On 3/6/2016 at 11:46 AM, BBHD said:

No codes.  I ran the instrument cluster test and it didn't illuminate so we'll check the bulb. I'm Hoping that's it but it's definitely not firing the grids. We're going to check in the morning when it's cold

Any chance you have the MPG fooler and the switch is set for MPG improvement?  That tends to eliminate the need for grid heaters and a Wait To Start function.

No mpg/high idle switch on my uncles truck.  He has been thinking it was the ecm for a while. Going to call module masters and talk to them and see what they say.