• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

OBDLink LX and OBDLink Android App

I think what Nick is saying is what's happening with mine. 

If I scan the truck prior to start with the key on, I'll have a CEL, which seems like the norm. I scan, pull codes (1693/0500) start the truck and then CEL is gone. Like what Nick is saying, maybe it happened just enough for the computer to sense it but not enough to continually trip the CEL

I dont know for sure. All I know is you can pull codes from the CEL before start but then start the truck with no codes and be fine.

I dont know what is right, but my codes are there key on and after start. CEL on or not.The only other time i had something different was when the ECM crapped out. That was exciting to say the least. Another mystery of life I guess.

Edited by dripley

• Owner

:backtotopic:

As for OBDLink. I found the Cummins ISB Volumetric number to be correct. Stock volumetric efficiency is 63% and you would "add" the percentage of offset to this number. Then as for other information, I'm working on displaying fairly accurate horsepower and torque numbers. So far its seems to be rather close. As for trip data I've ran into a snag that is rather depressing so some reason the App is failing out and shutting down. No error per say just "Sorry it's no longer working" message. So I'm working with the techs to see if I can resolve this.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Owner

LOL. I got to update nice to have your own Dyno.

Screenshot_2016-04-06-16-30-44.png

I had to expand the "Torque" gauge I finally buried it at 1000 foot pounds. Also added Speed in the corner. Also expanded the GPH gauge...

Screenshot_2016-04-07-07-25-25.png

The green zones I added to make it easy on the eyes to spot normal zones at quick glance. The HP and TQ gauges is normal stock power beyond that is extra.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• 9 months later...

Mike,

Could you easily list the ranges you set for torque, hp, coolant temp and intake air temp? I like what you did with each of them but don't know what they all should be for stock.  Also, how do you set up engine load? 

One other thing, I put teh vol. eff in and the brake spec fuel consumption. Not sure but does tq and hp gages need anything specific on set up to be sure they are reading correctly? 

Thanks,
Scott