• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

odd problem

Kind of an odd issue........

Went to start the truck, was kind of cold, ran the grids and truck started no problem. Drove a short distance (@1 mile), the engine stumbled just a bit (maybe 1/2 second), and check engine light lit, then it ran normally. Ran a couple miles, stopped and scanned it, threw a code for the crank sensor (I think it was 0336). Erased it and restarted the truck, drove @6 hours with no issues. Couple days later, another cold start, moved the truck maybe 150 feet and shut it off to load up. Restarted it (no grids this time), a short stumble and got a check engine light. Moved it maybe 200 feet, shut it off, fueled up. Scanned it, same code, cleared, then tried to start, no start condition. No check engine light, just no start. Waited a minute or two, restarted, and got a check engine light. Ran it for @2 or so hours, stopped, scanned, same code, cleared, restarted, and ran for 2-3 hours with no issues. Stopped for fuel, restarted, ran 2 hours, no problems. I did order a new crank sensor, but I've never had one act up like that. Any ideas on this?

I had the same issue too, even my engine got shutdown by it self and no start for few minute or so and the code for it was P0336 (crankshaft position sensor) I bought it form NW cummins $30 and after install it every thing backed to normal.

• Like 1