• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

rear view mirror hook up

I was looking at my truck today and someone installed the sun visors that has the lights on the side, but they never worked. I took the pillar off on the drivers side and there's two yellow wires there that were cut, one has a tracer and the other is solid. Both wires with key on has only 6 volts through them. What we ended up doing was running a new fused wire up to the visors and got both side to light now so that's noty really my issue, what I don't know is how the rear view mirror is wired because thos wires were hacked up too. The wires coming off the mirror are a blk, purple and a blue with a tracer. Can anyone tell me how to hook this mirror up? Could the 6 volt wires be for it? Is the little push button on the bottom of the mirror suppose to light when lights are turned on, key on or what? Cofused on how these mirrors work :cookoo:

• Owner

The way to test it... Look at the front of the mirror passenger side you'll find a eye. Push the button upwards till lit (key ON) and then cover the eye in the front side of the mirror. The glass should start darkening even in daylight. When you remove your finger (or cover) it should resume back to clear glass... Great thing is the mirror works awesome with even 5% limo tint in the rear window! :thumbup2: If you don't understand this test I get the camera out to shoot a bit of video...

Think he means the visor you comb your hair for your date one :lol: Either way, I can't believe it. I have those connectors above the visor above the carpet crap, now where do I get the mirrors that hook up to them and have lights! Hell my drivers side doesn't even have a mirror, just directions on how to start it in the cold. Depress pedal 1/4-1/2 way, start truck, now that truck is running on governor, oil pressure should be built, allow engine to settle to 1000RPM for a min. I did get the auto darkening rear view though :hyper:

Yea I do mean the rear view mirror stuck fast to the windshield with the auto darkening feature, so you can see cars behind you. Three wires coming out of it and I haven't a clue what they hook to because from what I can tell my truck didn't have any type of factory wiring harness up under the headliner, just some wires someone ran themselves trying to coble stuff up. Only wires they had going up to the headliner from the dash were the two yellows with only 6 volts going through each oneWe tried putting direct power to it but didn't see the little light on the push button light up so thought i'd ask here if there's a certain way it's to be wired where it's three wires and not two :shrug: