• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel pressure problem, again

• 3 weeks later...

Well as outlined in my thread about seeing grandma, the injectors were the culprit to my fuel problem the whole time. 

With that being said, with the injectors progressively showing a decline in performance over a course of a year or so, what could it be from?

I bought DAP 75HP injectors about 5 years ago when my stock set went bad. Over the course of 5 years i maybe put 40k miles on the injectors. Why would they have gone out so prematurely?

The representative at DAP didn't offer much up as to why they went out. I was considering another set from them but I'm hesitant now. I don't want to encounter this problem again in another 5years/40k miles. 

Anyone have any suggestions or input to the matter?

Mike i need that guys number you suggested to me in Lewiston because i never made it to him on the way back obviously. 

One i get mine bench tested and can find out what's wrong with them I'll give everyone a heads up. But in the meantime I'd like to be able to make some sense of this...

Called guy in Lewiston. Recommended me to a couple shops located in the valley instead. 

Called one place, guy told me don't expect any performance injector to last long. Said they are media blasted to make the holes bigger. 

Said the largest i could go,reliably would be the rv275s.

He mentioned something about laser cutting too, but never got to that since i lost phone reception. 

Any thoughts on the matter? If i buy another set that gives me an extra 100hp, say, should i expect them to poop out on me in 5 years or less? I'm confused...