• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hello from Utah

deehammer

Hello to the board.  I have already posted a couple of times elsewhere but I thought I would introduce myself.  I have been reading through posts for sometime now as well and just want to say thanks for all the info I have learned here.  My name is Dave I am originally from SLC UT, I currently live a few miles north near Hill AFB.  I am a Computer Science Major working as a Software Engineer.  I am also in the Air National Guard and have been in the Air Force in one form or another for 19 years which is also how long I have also been married to my sweetheart (wife not my truck).  We have 6 kids, ages 18 to 11, and yes it has been hard to watch my two oldest learn to drive a stick on my baby (my truck this time).   I bought my 99 Ext Cab, 5 Speed completely stock 24V in 2003 at just under 100K miles.  Currently sitting at 250K.  It is the dreaded 53 block but I have not seen an issue yet so I consider myself lucky.  I drive my wife a little bonkers as I am always reading up on or watching videos about my truck, which usually leads to me spending more money.  She doesn't mind much as her Honda Pilot gets just as much care by me as my truck does if not more.  I tow the 6 ATV's on a flat bed trailer around 5000 lbs.  No major modifications have been done that would make anyone salivate.  I did however install gauges fuel (mechanical), pyro and boost immediately after buying which has allowed me to watch for the common problems.  I love to tinker in the garage so between the 6 ATVs, the 99 Cummins, 2004 Honda Pilot, 2007 Honda Pilot and a 2006 Ford E-350 12 Passenger Van, I have plenty of opportunities.  However I consider my truck to be more of a hobby.  When I shed some of the chitlens, increasing the pocket book, I plan on putting a 4BT in a restored/updated 1979 Ford Bronco with a NV4500 manual in honor of my Father.  Thanks for reading.   

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, deehammer said:

Hello to the board.  I have already posted a couple of times elsewhere but I thought I would introduce myself.  I have been reading through posts for sometime now as well and just want to say thanks for all the info I have learned here.  My name is Dave I am originally from SLC UT, I currently live a few miles north near Hill AFB.  I am a Computer Science Major working as a Software Engineer.  I am also in the Air National Guard and have been in the Air Force in one form or another for 19 years which is also how long I have also been married to my sweetheart (wife not my truck).  We have 6 kids, ages 18 to 11, and yes it has been hard to watch my two oldest learn to drive a stick on my baby (my truck this time).   I bought my 99 Ext Cab, 5 Speed completely stock 24V in 2003 at just under 100K miles.  Currently sitting at 250K.  It is the dreaded 53 block but I have not seen an issue yet so I consider myself lucky.  I drive my wife a little bonkers as I am always reading up on or watching videos about my truck, which usually leads to me spending more money.  She doesn't mind much as her Honda Pilot gets just as much care by me as my truck does if not more.  I tow the 6 ATV's on a flat bed trailer around 5000 lbs.  No major modifications have been done that would make anyone salivate.  I did however install gauges fuel (mechanical), pyro and boost immediately after buying which has allowed me to watch for the common problems.  I love to tinker in the garage so between the 6 ATVs, the 99 Cummins, 2004 Honda Pilot, 2007 Honda Pilot and a 2006 Ford E-350 12 Passenger Van, I have plenty of opportunities.  However I consider my truck to be more of a hobby.  When I shed some of the chitlens, increasing the pocket book, I plan on putting a 4BT in a restored/updated 1979 Ford Bronco with a NV4500 manual in honor of my Father.  Thanks for reading.   

Thanks for coming in and saying hi!

Don't hesitate to post up if you have any questions or tips if you have them :) 

• Staff

Cool story about your goings on David. You are lucky to still have kids at home. I miss mine all the time.

Let me know if I can come see the Bronco when done..... That's a great project.

Edited by JAG1