• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

No clutch pedal, can't get NV4500 into gear

I replaced my slave a good while back. It also had the bleeder screw on it. I filled the slave and reconnected it. Two or three pumps and it was fine.

I did my master a long time ago. I was totally ignorant of this sealed system. I filled it and hooked it up though I lost a fair amount of the fluid. Not knowing how to bleed it I just drove it. Really had to pump it to use the clutch but over a little more than a week all the air worked its way out and has been fine since. 

• Like 1

• Owner
9 hours ago, Royal Squire said:

Pushing air down when bleeding brakes too

This is true... But...

There is some mild differences. Volume of fluid moved by the master be it brake or clutch I'm sure the clutch moves less volume and pressure compared to brake master cylinder. Also the hydraulic lines on brakes are smaller in ID diameter and made of steel to handle high pressures where the clutch is slightly larger and made of plastic so air bubbles don't flow as well.

I ran into this same issue on a Chevy 6.5L diesel and bleeding the clutch and it was a PITA to do. The air refused to travel downward.