• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Reservations for Full Eclipse weekend

IBMobile

• Staff

Today I was checking the availability of camp sites at Catfish Junction RV Park on their WEB site for the weekend of 8-18-2017 thru 8-22-2017 and found nothing was available.  I'm thinking 'is everyone making reservation this far out'?  Well no, I called their office and spoke with an extremely pleasant and helpful woman.  She said   that they have been having problems with that part of their web site and people should call in so they can get up to the minute info.  She took my name and already had my phone number, so with no money down I have my site reserved.   She said to "just call and cancel if you can't make it".   

Catfish Junction RV Park  541-262-3833

Edited by IBMobile
  • Like 2

• Staff

Thank You IBM..... I completely forgot about doing this. Will make my reservation today. What area on the camp site map are you in?

Was thinking about us taking sites 1 thru 6... more if needed at that end of the park site map anyhow.

Anyone wanting to meet up should make your reservation early as possible as this full eclipse event is going to get popular.

Now if we could just get Michael Nelson to stop scotch brightening his running gear for the weekends he could show up too!

Edited by JAG1

• Owner

I'll be there... Who knows I might boondock it down the road from there. I found a few good spots for boondocking large areas for folks. There is one lot just west of Catfish Junction and then another just down the road about a mile if need be. All the times I've been to Catfish Junction the place always had a open slot. Never crowded... Might be for thatr event though...

1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

Now if we could just get Michael Nelson to stop scotch brightening his running gear for the weekends he could show up too!

:whistle: What? I don't do such things...

• Staff

I'll be at the RV park Mike. There's a store there for beer and full hook ups. A bit more relaxing when your in a spot knowing it's okay.

Me can chip in for full hook ups if you wish.

BTW, IBM Mobile is one of the great ones to camp with :thumb1:

Edited by JAG1

• Staff
2 hours ago, JAG1 said:

What area on the camp site map are you in?

The Presidential Site   animated-smileys-character-092[1].gif    

She just took my name and number and said there would be a space reserved for me.

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Who knows I might boondock it down the road from there.

The First Lady will only boondock for a day or two, after that it's the Ramada Inn.animated-smileys-bath-wc-090[1].gif

Thank you JAG1 remember, bring steak n lobster animated-smileys-eating-drinking-148[1].gif

• Owner
7 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

The Presidential Site   animated-smileys-character-092[1].gif    

She just took my name and number and said there would be a space reserved for me.

Ohhh... Since I know her I'll make sure you get relocated next to the dumpster then... LOL! (jk of course...)

The First Lady will only boondock for a day or two, after that it's the Ramada Inn.animated-smileys-bath-wc-090[1].gif

MoparMom is getting well versed in boondocking and enjoys it more than RV parks now. True 2-3 days of boondocking then we agreed that you need to stay in a RV park for a good shower and not have to miser the water and power.

Thank you JAG1 remember, bring steak n lobster animated-smileys-eating-drinking-148[1].gif

If JAG1 doesn't bring the steak and lobster MoparMom might not take you back out for milkshakes again... :poke:

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Staff

Still waiting for the park to call back........

Whatever I bring IBM, going to be difficult to top what you and Dave did. I will though :burnout:

IBM, if your going up 395 I want you to know that the county road that cuts off from 395 in Ukia to LaGrand (highway 84) has two very nice campgrounds not well known. They are both within about 5-6 miles from 84.

There is no such thing as not having milkshakes in August, Mike:smart:

• Like 1

• Owner
2 minutes ago, joecool911 said:

Any shade in that there boondock area?

No. Sorry...

Here is the open field to the left of Catfish (public ground).

https://www.google.com/maps/@44.2638779,-117.1267964,446m/data=!3m1!1e3

Here is the one I stayed at last.

https://www.google.com/maps/@44.2564288,-117.1395657,446m/data=!3m1!1e3

DSCF3721.JPG.0354efd2fcb55f12f6b7505a282

One more small area before the Interstate.

https://www.google.com/maps/@44.2572891,-117.1685087,442m/data=!3m1!1e3

• Staff

Mike, are you saying this boondock spot just to the left of the rv park is within walk distance for the folks that want hook ups in the park? Close enough to make it work, right:clap:?

38 minutes ago, joecool911 said:

I'd love to boondock. That's more my style. Free and free. Any shade in that there boondock area?

I have 10x10 canopy and chairs.

Edited by JAG1

• Staff
26 minutes ago, joecool911 said:

No rattlesnakes, right? ?

Im going to bring my auto to manual swap kit. Lol. We can work in shifts. 

I'll set in chair / shade act like supervisor and watch for the snakes.

Maybe have lobster and snake:whistle2:and a milkshake!

Edited by JAG1

• Owner
25 minutes ago, joecool911 said:

Why not travel 125 miles north to my shop and we'll do that conversion with tools and a shop to work in.

9 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Maybe have lobster and snake:whistle2:

Rattlesnake is pretty good eating if it cooked right. Taste just like chicken. :) Yes... I've eaten rattlesnake before...

• Staff
On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 0:12 PM, JAG1 said:

IBM, if your going up 395 I want you to know that the county road that cuts off from 395 in Ukia to LaGrand (highway 84) has two very nice campgrounds not well known. They are both within about 5-6 miles from 84.

Thanks for the info but we'll be getting off the 395 at Bishop, CA and boondocking it at the Fallon rest stop where rts 80 & 95 meet.  That's 550 mi the first day and pull in to Catfish the next.

5 hours ago, JAG1 said:

I have 10x10 canopy and chairs.

I also have a 10X10 canopy I can bring.

5 hours ago, joecool911 said:

JAG1 wants me to install a torque convertor lock-up switch with relays and light, so I can do that mod while I'm there.  I am a licensed mobile vehicle repair shop and will work for coffee.

1 hour ago, joecool911 said:

Everything tastes like chicken it seems.

And I've eaten chicken that tasted like 'what is this stuff'!!  animated-smileys-puking-11[1].gif

• Staff
12 hours ago, IBMobile said:

JAG1 wants me to install a torque convertor lock-up switch with relays and light, so I can do that mod while I'm there.  I am a licensed mobile vehicle repair shop and will work for coffee.

:omg:I had no idea.... Dan you know it's going to be hot and it's your vacation time. Show me the ropes, help me write it all down and I can do the install when I get home. Can't have you working on your vacation bud.

Once you guys get your plans figured out let me know........

The only good rattler is a dead rattler :shifty: they do taste great though. 

but really someone tell me what to do.  I don't need power or hookups

• Owner

Well it depends on how many are going to actually show up. As you can see the Catfish junction doesn't really have much for shade. I think like 5-6 slots and the rest are out in the open. The only reason I would consider Catfish is for powering up the A/C but I really hate to be trapped in a shoe box RV listening to the A/C run. So most likely we'll be boondocking but I never know.

Here is a evening photo of my last trip of boondocking alone the Snake River west of Catfish Junction.

DSCF3723.JPG