• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Running erratic

Ive been chasing down this problem for about 2 years and barely drive my truck because of the issue. So I have upgraded to the newest airdog II, new MWFI vp44, and 150 hp injectors, new head gasket, studs, and timbos apps. If you listen to my truck from about 100 feet away, you can hear it running strange but not picked up well on video. It sounds like a random ticking coming from engine like the cylinders aren't firing all the way or something but it is NOT a misfire (more of a random skip). This happens throughout all engine rpms. When im cruising going 55 and let off the gas SLIGHTLY (so little load on engine), the truck starts sputtering and can be noticed on tach (+/- 50-100 rpm). And when coming to a stop (no throttle), it will sputter the same way until i get to a complete stop where you can hear the truck lope (SLIGHTLY) at idle. This truck is not running smooth like it used to. Something happened and nothing I have done that was mentioned has helped it. I have good fuel pressure. Im pretty sure the cylinders aren't firing the SAME but idk. Its very noticeable to me. Any thoughts or tests?

No tank vacuum. As far as AC noise, i have unplugged the alternator and drove down a few blocks with no change. I have checked the connections for the computers. No loss of power or hard starting. Fires right up but it does sound like a gasser with a mild cam but this truck should purr like it used to not sound like a bad lope. Its not even a cool sounding lope.

Edited by Cumminz