• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Oh no ..... not another AC thread !

Have learned a lot from the threads on the HVAC systems in our trucks.

Will be digging into my system soon.

Question for you folks that have changed out the Evaporator & Heater cores ....

Did you use OEM parts?

Why I ask is that the Evaporator core lists for $588.-

The Heater core lists for $221.-

Add 12% tax ....

If you've used 'other' brands successfully ..... would like to hear about them.

Thank you .....

I used  a heater core from Rock Autohttp://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=3424773&cc=1440064&jsn=10744&jsn=10744  Pretty sure that was the one I used. It has been in the truck for 3.5 maybe 4 years with not issue.

For the evaporator I did use thishttp://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=814102&cc=1440064&jsn=10749 I got tight on cash and then a little leary of the AC part of the work so it sat idle util the other week. It is holding up just fine but only has a couple weeks use on it. Quite a cost difference, but dash removal is a bit involved. Of course $800+ for the parts would suck big time. But since I have less than $100 in mine one more dash removal might still be a lot cheaper.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered the evaporator and heater core for my '02 .... arrived the next day.

Got it all back together this afternoon. Very labor intensive.

Much debris around the evaporator.

Mike's video was very good.

Thanks Mike!

• Like 1