• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Remote door lock

I have a 2001 and id like to have a door lock remote. I took my truck to the dealer to see if they could program a remote but the guy said he couldnt access the computer. I asked what could be the problem or what could i do to resolve... surprise surprise he said bring it in next week and we can look at it lol. So just seeing if anyone has any idea or input to help me get a lead on this.

If your truck didnt have factory keyless entry it might require a revamp of the ccd system.  There is a guy who did it here, and also added steering wheel radio controls. I dont have time to search for the thread but you are welcome to.  

2 minutes ago, CSM said:

I have an aftermarket Karr system in mine that includes a security system... my truck would have been stolen in denver if not for the system.

Now you're scaring the crap outta me! 

Let's hear the story....

2 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

Now you're scaring the crap outta me! 

Let's hear the story....

I had a hide a key that some punks found.  Since i locked it with the fob, the truck would go nuts if the door opened without disarming the system.  

The youths, of whoms parental lineage was not legitimate (no cussin here), panicked, ripped the ash tray of change out if the dash, tried to rip the gauge cluster out, and ran, leaving a cheap screwdriver in it.  They tried to break in the rear window with a pry attack later after i re keyed it.  I ended up parking it at the office because they wouldnt leave it alone.  

I got lucky, and wont use hide a keys now.  They likely would have joy rided it, stripped it of the easy interior stuff to pawn, then wrecked it somewhere downtown and walked.  I kinda wish they had... as it had full coverage, haha! 

There is a shop on arapahoe that does the install.  

12 minutes ago, CSM said:

I had a hide a key that some punks found.  Since i locked it with the fob, the truck would go nuts if the door opened without disarming the system.  

The youths, of whoms parental lineage was not legitimate (no cussin here), panicked, ripped the ash tray of change out if the dash, tried to rip the gauge cluster out, and ran, leaving a cheap screwdriver in it.  They tried to break in the rear window with a pry attack later after i re keyed it.  I ended up parking it at the office because they wouldnt leave it alone.  

I got lucky, and wont use hide a keys now.  They likely would have joy rided it, stripped it of the easy interior stuff to pawn, then wrecked it somewhere downtown and walked.  I kinda wish they had... as it had full coverage, haha! 

There is a shop on arapahoe that does the install.  

By chance do you remember the cost? 

13 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

By chance do you remember the cost? 

At the time... i think it was 3 to 400.  Cheaper than trying to piece together a facory system.  However the range of a Chrysler fob is way better.  The range on mine degrades quickly.

• Like 1

• Staff

The ehow.com site is an eno.com.  I see what you mean about no pin in the data link connector.  It shows it right there in the image. PIN 1 NOT USED  

I have found that if you have a working FOB you can program up to four others.  This is from the 2000 factory owner's manual.

Scan_20160828.jpg