• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

only 150k?  lol  

I wonder how many revs the compressor made in those 150k a few trillion....at least? 

I would just rebuild your hx35 with a genuine Holset kit.

So I bored and given average shaft speed of 70,000 rpm driven 2 hours a day 300 days a year it is about 5 trillion revs.  

Edited by Me78569

Is the compressor contacting the compressor housing??

You may have to tear the rest of the air system apart if it is. 

Oil wise, I'm not sure but I doubt much if anything was going down the drain tube. If it was I'm sure it was caught in the oil filter. 

The guys at Majestic Turbo said the noise I was hearing was not the turbo.:doh:  I had two other truck guys say yep turbo so it wasnt just me. lol
At 15-18 lbs of boost it would make a squealing, screeching noise. So I guess I will start with the front of the motor.
But the seal was leaking some letting a very little oil into the intake side so all was not a total waste. 415.00 out the door new everything.