• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How much boost?

I'm sure this is probably covered already somewhere in this forum but I'm unsure how to search without bringing up a ton of unrelated info. My question is, when I bought this pkp it came with an edge ez, and the boost elbow had never been installed.  After I got my gauges installed I installed the boost elbow, which changed max boost from about 12-15 up to 21-22. Does this sound about right. Is this boost elbow somehow adjustable?  Thanks for the help 

• Staff

I'm running the Edge EZ  with the boost elbow.  The boost elbow has a fixed opening in it which limits the pressure going to the actuator for the waste gate and is not adjustable.   Before I put the elbow on boost was around 17-18psi, with it boost will now hit 25-26psi and settle down to 22-23psi.  Make sure there are no air leaks between the turbo and the intake manifold.  You may want to check the clamps on the air hoses along with the air hoses themselves for fit and integrity.   

Edited by IBMobile

Your truck should build about 20 psi max with stock power, as thats what the wastegate should be set at.  Just by adding the EZ you will see it try to build more but it wont be much as the wastegate purges most of the gains off.  After installing the boost elbow your max boost will range between 25-28 psi depending on the truck.  If you're not seeing these readings then you more than likely have a boost leak.  Most common place are the rubber boost boot clamps are too loose. :thumbup2: