• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

hx35 rebuild

2 minutes ago, CTcummins24V said:

oil and work it/spin/twist and pull, Sneak your fingers in between the vanes?

We used PB blaster to try and get it free.

We then held the exhaust side with a socket and I wrapped a sock around the compressor wheel and tried to spin it. It wouldn't even begin to budge, and I'm not a little guy either. I think the wheel is going to have to be broken off.....

4 hours ago, Me78569 said:

I hate to recommend you use heat to try and free up the wheel, but maybe a propane torch to heat it up enough to free it?  I don't know that I would run the wheel again though after that.

Well, that didn't work either. The turbo is no good as it is, so destroying the wheel really isn't a big deal. 

1 hour ago, leathermaneod said:

I was just thinking of cleaning my turbo. Its still filthy from the PO's K&N....I was thinking of removing the intake and the charge pipe and then hosing it down with brake cleaner. Anything wrong with that?

I don't think that would hurt anything, just make sure it dries out before you put it back together.

Tried some pliars on the compressor wheel and got it to turn.... it's hard, but it does turn. Still can't get the SOB off though.