• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Has any of you had this problem? My wipers don't  park back to normal position after using washer fluid function, and also the intermittent selection malfunction sometime. I'll set it to low speed but it will almost be on high and sometimes ok. And for the wipers to be at park position, I have to catch them at that point and shut the switch off. I had similar problem happen on a different vehicle and after changing wiper control on steering wheel it didn't help and ended up being a wiper motor. Where should I look first? Thank you. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Since I got this wiper assembly out I changed the wiper motor, cardon from rockauto, and now they work like they should. FYI 

Some wires were just crimped on new unit so I soldered them. 

Now I got a question, these plastic clips that snap together seem to have no lubricant or it dried out, I know regular oil/grease may deteriorate some types of plastic and I've seen lithium grease used on some stuff. Do I grease it all up or live it alone. Part of me wants to pop these joints apart and put something in there the other says leave it alone lol

Edit for picture, 

20180811_172438.jpg.b6b6669b1d2fbf81fb843b5ed928c3b5.jpg

Edited by Dieselfuture

• Staff

All the wiper transmissions I come across have a plastic bushing in them.  Any grease you put in there will dry out in a year or less, collect dust and grit causing a possible premature failure of the wiper transmission.   If there was an easy way to get in there to clean and lube it on a regular schedule would be great but it's a PIA to do.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

I'll find out ha ha 

Silicone works good for things like that. We use it for putting bug screens in things that dont have one. Put down a bead, press in the screen, and let it cure. Not much different than hot melt for install.

Edited by dripley
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dripley said:

Silicone works good for things like that. We use it for putting bug screens in things that dont have one. Put down a bead, press in the screen, and let it cure. Not much different than hot melt for install.

I'm impatient, this glue thing was instant lol

7 hours ago, dripley said:

I figured the truck did not appear to be going anywhere soon. So........................

Yes you right but I'm still not patient enough for silicone, maybe that's why I got the head tore apart again not doing my research the first time :think: