• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Running Delo oil in older flat tappet Gas Hot rod /classic

GSP7

Is anyone running chevron Delo in the Older Gas hotrod/classic vehicles that have flat tappet cams for the good higher zinc/phospahate content?

Chevron still shows a PDS (product data sheet) on their web site that shows the zinc/phosphorus content of .13/.12.
I called chevron tech guy and he confirmed the zinc content (By the way chevron discontinued the older Delo multigrade the pre Delo LE oil)

Unlike Shell does not show the zinc/phosphorus etc numbers of Rotela

Anyway I have a older chevy sm block performace built motor with a elgin comp cam flat tappet etc.

I am debating running my regular valveline oil and ZPPDplus oil additive http://zddplus.com/. Or just running delo oil for higher zinc/phosphorus(zddp) content

Ive been doing quite abit of oil research and zddp additives like Lucas zppd additive, Zddpplus, zddpmax etc and also running diesel truck oil like delo or rotela

Edited by GSP7

• 2 months later...