• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Air filter recommendations?

Hate to bug you guys with 101 questions.......I've been using Wix airfilters for years.  Last one I bought (late last year) didn't have the foam material on the back.  I thought someone forgot to put it on.  Today shopped for a new one at Auto zone.  Again no foam backing that Wix has put on for years.  Looked on Amazon and the pic has foam backing but in comments others have noticed no foam backing of what is actually shipped.   https://www.amazon.com/WIX-Filters-46272-Heavy-Filter/dp/B000C9UKTU   Called Wix and their FAQ people said they are no longer using the foam backing and "but what is sold today meets or exceeds OEM". 

I'm pretty well stock, but I do place priority on filters and fluids.  Are those air filters that look like a mushroom type thing any better with more filtration than OEM or more of a performance type item? 

Any recommendations? What do you run if it exceeds OEM?

Thanks

Edited by 015point9

I use s&b kf1050 it's a 4.5 inlet but works if u know what Ur doing I used s bhaf for years but when I put my 63 on it started pulling the media in I'm assuming the media is to dense to flow much more then stock and s&b says all there filters flow 1000 from at 99.8 or something like that efficiency