• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Vp44 would this issue guys

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Cummins sells the o-rings for the return line. I think Geno's garage does to.

Ok ,one question, the sensor under my IP. CAN WIGGLE  but the Allen head is tight , it makes somethings click in relays maybe this is my whole issue 

I can't say my power to vp test was successful but not sure I was getting connection , it's the cam sensor ? Or crank? Not sure the one behind starter is tight,  the one below the IP isn't it wiggles and with key on make sa clicking sound 

Edited by ItzReckless

• Owner

I'm going to guess the sensor is broke. I would pull it out and inspect it. Shouldn't wiggle at all.

Might want to fill out your signature with your truck specs so we can help you better.

Assuming its a early 24V with cam and crank then the crank is the signal for tach and used with the VP44 signal for fueling.

22 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I'm going to guess the sensor is broke. I would pull it out and inspect it. Shouldn't wiggle at all.

Might want to fill out your signature with your truck specs so we can help you better.

Assuming its a early 24V with cam and crank then the crank is the signal for tach and used with the VP44 signal for fueling.

I removed and retightened and it is snug not moving, reinstalled old IP, no start then it tried once but eventually I think my battery's are low so I quit removed IP again , waiting for one from from thoroughbred , my trucks 2001 Vin 7 no sensor behind starter but the one I was actually talking about is right below ecm ?  Will let know how it runs after installing,  ordered fuel pressure Guage,  did not get aftermarket lift pump and don't plan to budgets very thin seeing I'm sinking all this money into a truck I just bought,  I doubt it was crank sensor below the IP it's tight rpms have never jumped always come up when cranking,  but it was a little loose , that I fixed ? Anyhow ttyl when I install new IP 

Edited by ItzReckless
Will edit signature tonight at home always on mobile

• 2 weeks later...