• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Vp44 would this issue guys

14 hours ago, ItzReckless said:

These wires were bare and the plastic falLing off is this mud problem 

Sorry picture didn't post but it's wires on vp 44 I was fixing to remove it too see if it could be re soldered and its touching and wires bare 

Excuse spelling, but the solenoid wires , for IP was bare  I can wiggle them and it changes tone in idle , could this being shorting out and sending signals to shutoff ecm 

• Owner

You need to ensure all the wires are repaired and not shorting to each other, shorting to ground or any kind of power. Hint... The truck will start and run with just power to the injection pump but no throttle response. So the data wires must be in good shape as well as the high idle and shut down leads. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

You need to ensure all the wires are repaired and not shorting to each other, shorting to ground or any kind of power. Hint... The truck will start and run with just power to the injection pump but no throttle response. So the data wires must be in good shape as well as the high idle and shut down leads. 

I'm gonna remove the IP TO REPAIR  wires because they are bare all the way down  thanks guys 

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Just got to un-plug the pump and repair the wiring as needed. I don't see any reason to pull the pump for a wiring repair.

I seen your comment on a different forum from before where a guy tried to tap his pump and the ones on bottom was bare and the top wires wasn't even tapped , well my bottom wired not the ones going to center of injector line out,  but the ones that run behind it, theyou are bare and sir the  wires are to short gonna find a way to add on and re install 

You suggested pump replacement 

I had to cut to get Edm off before I noticed how bad it was already cut top set like instructed, I was gonna see if a Sauder  come loose 

On 10/9/2016 at 8:34 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

Just got to un-plug the pump and repair the wiring as needed. I don't see any reason to pull the pump for a wiring repair.

Help help guys I am using a torque tool thing and instead of the IP coming out of gear the thing the bolts go into popped off :( time to shoot myself 

Well guys seems I may just need myself a injection pump,  fuel is getting the the injectors btw , but I tried starting ND it fired up about 6 seconds died,  then started again then died , well needless to say wouldnt start regardless  which, injector I cracked, Idk guys I never have see more then a stream never high pressure were I have to shield my eyes did my high pressure side messo up with the wiring issues 

Personally I have never had a high pressure spew of diesel from opening the injectors, but i really back mine off. you wont see a high pressure spew of diesel unless you barely loosen them. But like @Hawkez says try the hot wire as mentioned on the Blue Chip site. It would be bad to replace the VP and find out it is not your problem.