• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Reliability just tanked this morn.

Well my reliability factor just dropped to a new low this morning. Went to go start the 05 this morning which has sat for a few weeks turned on the key and got nothing but a lot of clicking from all over the pickup, new the inevitable had finally come.

11+ years and close to 130K on OEM batteries and they were down to 10v each, didn't even bother to charge them i knew they were getting a bit week the last 2 years already, went to town for a new set if Interstates, had to lower my standards and open my wallet for that one but it was too late in the day for my normal parts house of choice, sometimes one just has to swallow hard and hope for the best.

Well got the new batteries in it and a new air filter and then put the new to me wheels and tires on it and went for a test drive and retorque. Took the first pics of it with my new phone but now can't seem to be able to send it to the forum as i tried to do a first ever phone post and pic upload both kept failing, tried to send it to my e-mail and that won't go through either not sure what i either don't have set up yet or am doing wrong.:ahhh:

BTW it looks dang good. Time to go work out and start drinking for the night and forget about all this modern stuff.:party:

Ain't she pretty now? First pic post with new phone, couldn't get it to work the other day for some reason.:think: 

IMG_0006.JPG

These are the $400 wheels and tires I got a while ago finally got the time to insall them last week.

The ol girl hasn't been this clean for several years either although it has been sitting in the garage and has a pretty good coating of dust over the whole thing but the pic hides it well. 

On 10/22/2016 at 6:28 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

It will be fine. Remember there is only like 3 or 4 battery manufactures out there. I'm running Walmart batteries with no issues. Like the 96 had a dead battery when I got home from the hospital with Mom. It was close to ten years old. Not going to cry about it. It happens.

It was not about the quality of the battery, it was about spending an extra hundred bucks for nothing but the name cast into the case, I absolutely hate supporting companies who have millions upon millions of cash to throw at sports teams for advertising. I like supporting the off name brands with equal quality for a fraction of the price and gag at spending extra just for a name alone and not having supported my locally owned parts house instead but one gets into a pinch on occasion and just has to spend the extra cash and swallow ones pride and forge ahead i guess, Just have to work an extra couple days before i can retire, looking to be a retirement age of about 92 1/2 now.:pray:

Edited by Wild and Free
  • Like 3

Well a buddy of mine just sent me pics of his new to him ride, he is now out of the diesel ownership club as of yesterday.

He traded in his 03 cummins for a 2014 1500 Hemi crew cab with 29K on it.

This is the 03 I was looking at the same time as the 02 I wound up buying instead for the same price I could have got into that 03 for.:doh:

Edited by Wild and Free

• Staff

Keep an eye on your voltage while you sit. I think Touch is draining my batteries. I have only been getting 2 weeks or so out of them with the Touch installed but it sat for 6 weeks earlier this fall without the Touch and the voltage was great when I got in and fired it up. 

• Like 1

That "module" that I have to keep my new Chevy Silverado out of V-4 mode has a history/reputation of draining a battery if kept "plugged" in for more the 3/4/5 days without starting.  I only use it when I know I'm gonna be a long time highway driving.

Don't know if'n this applies, but I just thought I'd toss it to you!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dripley said:

I dont know about the Touch, but the wheels and tires looks like you got a good deal.

Yeah for 400 bucks i couldn't say no to the deal, tires are Cooper STT 285-70-17 and if I get about 5-10K out of whats left of them I will be happy. He even had one extra brand new center cap for me along with a full set of security lug nuts with the key socket, the chrome paint has flaked off the center portion of the center caps but I am thinking about painting the center of them black.

Edited by Wild and Free