• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Why would a draw straw be abandoned?

Op here...I'm not really sure if its OEM or not.  I do now 1st mechanic put in after market module couldn't get it to work.  2nd mechanic put in draw straw and then abandoned and put old module back in (the one pictured, but don't know if OEM or not)  and couldn't get it to work.  Then 3rd mechanic put in airdog system using a sump. 

And that is exactly why I joined this site.  Going to do it right this time by myself.  Well that's with you folks helping me.  It has been a long time since I got hosed but certainly did last time around.  Have $3,000 into it, includes about $500.00 for parts used one or two days.  Rest in airdog pump and towing bill.

Wife says just go buy a new one.  There is no way...I spent $27,000 when we got it in 2005.  Coming up on 97,000 miles.  That equals $3.88 a mile  That's to much. And buying a new one is upping $60,000 and giving $6,000 to the state off the top. 

To make matters worse, my brother in law keeps telling me about is 7.3 with over 200,000 miles.

We only use it to travel with RV.  I keep telling wife, if we break done she already has everything we needs being towed right behind us.  So it doesn't matter where or when we break down.  Boy am I in the dog house.:whistle:

Here are pic's of module

DSCN2415[1].JPG

DSCN2416[1].JPG

Edited by 015point9
spellling

1 hour ago, notlimah said:

Yea that's exactly what mine looks like. If his is OEM then what is ours?!

It is the in tank pump module. That thing cost me over $900 and they kept the old module so I never saw it. If you loo closely at it you can see the pump in the basket. 

@015point9 I am assuming that is the OE basket but I dont know for sure