• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Replacing the VP44

Sorry Guys if this is beating a dead horse, Been trying all the serches with no luck.there was a good wright up on the cummings forum, I found it But,, I can't get it to open anymore,:shrug:I Have a pump coming from Jacob, just wanting to go over all the details. The little do's and donts.Thanks Ed...............

Make sure the key is on top (12 O'Clock) So it don't fall out, you will need a puller to pop the gear loose, there are no timing issues to worry about as the gear can't go anywhere when you pull the pump. Other than that it's pretty easy. If you have any questions just ask.:thumb1:

• Like 1

• Owner

Thanks guys for the dig on the links... (ISX and W&F) But I'll say this... The Dodge dealer says its 8 hours to replace a VP44... My Mitchell books say 6 hours... But I did my first VP44 on a customers truck in just under 4 hours... Simple to do... My static page is update with a few tricks... http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/cummins/2ndgen24v/vp44-replace/vp44-replace.htm

• Like 1

Hey I see you added my little time and labor saver of only removing thee lines and leaving the other three on the engine to the writeup.:thumb1:

Actually my first Blue Chip pump took 3 hrs. He does not post instructions on line for competitors to use, and the 3 line trick is in his instructions as well. He just sends out a printed replacement guide.

I :rolleyes:have to confess,,,,, A good friend stoped by,(i wasn't quite ready yet) Got to talking about it over a cold one, He said,,,, hell i'v done two of them, nothing to it:hyper: My response was have at-it, I handed tools,, he started at 4:30 and 5:15 HANDED ME THE PUMP.....:thumbup2:

• Owner

.........and fun..now if we could throw a p7100 in and not a vp and hook up the connections we would have it made!!:lmao::drool::hyper::thumbup2::woot:

* change the gear case (mounting difference of the VP44 to P) * pull the cam (change the cam for one with the fuel pump lobe) * change throttle assemblies (Mechanical linkage) * change the fuel pump (need more pressure) * change the pop pressure on the injectors The buy all the other parts like... * p7100 pump * injection lines Etc... Lots of money...:stuned: