CTcummins24V

P or LT tires on 2013 Silverado 1500 1/2 Ton

CTcummins24V

About time to get some new tires on the company truck, 2013 Silverado 1500 1/2 ton, about 60k miles on these BFGoodrich Rugged Terrains P275/55R20s. Any advantage going to LT tires? I have maxed out payload and towing with this vehicle, although I don't load it up every week. Only issue I keep having is punctured tires from nails/metal.

Haggar

CT,

What I have found is the Passenger rated tires, while riding well, don't give me the confidence when pulling or loaded heavy.  (sidewalls seem soft.)  We have put a set on Helga's suburbasaurus, and for family trips and other stuff it is fine, but I won't pull a trailer over 1k lbs with it.   Snow and rain have been fine though.  So we are happy with them, but I definitely wouldn't put them on the rattle monster. 

Just my $0.02    hope it helps

Hag

CTcummins24V

A couple months too late for responses. I just replaced P tires with P tires. If I have to tow "heavier", I'll just use the dodge. Anything more than a couple thousand pounds and the 5.3 chevy with 3.08 gears can't handle it anyways. 

Haggar

Wow,

Sorry CT!!!   I didn't notice the date!   Didn't mean to drag something out of the Crypt.  It showed up as unread.  I guess it had been awhile since I browsed this part of the forum.  

Hope the new ones work great for you!!

Hag

dorkweed

My 2016 has P-rated tires;  P265/70 17 and they're just OK with my small work trailer (3500lbs.) and my fishing boat (2500lbs.).