• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Help with Daniel Stern Rik-Ram kit

I ordered the Daniel Stern rik-ram kit, and am trying to install it today, but I'm now too confused after reading so meany threads on so many forums. Question no. 1. The DS upgraded wiring schematic shows a general one with truck with only 1 battery. Shouldn't I use both batteries? My Rik-ram kit came with a bag o parts. 3 relays not 4 like other homemade kits. 2. Is my truck a ground switching system or not? (I pull the knob out to turn my lights on). If yes/no, do I still follow that schematic? 3. Do you know/have any pictures of a built harness that I can follow? I would really appreciate a "Chinese Blueprint". Pictures go a long way for this guy... any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

Update: 2/3/17
I've read through his "install instructions" and I get lost. I drew a picture of what I understood. 
I'm not sure what I'm doing with the stock harness. Which is my trigger wires? How do they hook up? Which wires in the whole system am I Ying (joining) together and going to what  post. The 9004 bulbs are currently hooked up and is how I'm driving the truck till I get the wiring harness done. 12 gage wires everywhere? 
BBC9A151-4C35-4E44-BE9B-915D68C88E5A_zps

Bump this up. Need more input. So I finally finished my harness, a big THANK YOU to ManualTrans over on CF for taking pictures of his harness and giving me something to follow and built the harness per Daniel Stern harness kit.  
Here are the problems: I only have HB (high beam) on the 9004 bulbs (inboard). If I pull the switch to turn on my lights (I have the older pull style switch) the dash lights up normal (including HB indicator light not normal) and the park lights come on but no headlights. I can hit the HB and they do come on, but only on the 9004 inboard bulbs like I said before, and not on the 9007. 
My truck is Canadian Spec with the DRL. I followed the procedure of cutting the wire at the module red/or & red/gy, and connected the two at the socket to make a jumper. But it didn't change anything. 
Now... I assume my truck is ground switching system and that's how the harness is wired up to take. BUT when I put my test light on the neg terminal on battery, and test each individual wire at the body harness side, I don't have any power to any of the wires. But when I turn lights to on, I get power... so does this mean my system is not ground switch? Any help/input is appreciated. Daniel Stern is not answering any of my emails so I'm left high and dry on the customer support.

• Like 1

Fixed! Ended up being the ground wire at the relay block. It was not seated all the way and got pushed out when I put the relay in. 
Last little problem is, the HB indicator bulb stays lit at all times weather on HB/LB with the wires jumped at the DRL. So I just unjumped the wires and the light is gone all together. I can live with that. The DRL doesn't seem to interfere with anything else. I just don't have DRL anymore, which I don't mind. Daniel Stern said here's a $59 module to buy if you want DRL again. Also, all my unanswered emails to him came back as undelivered. So there must be a problem on his end. 

1998.5 2500 Extended cab. Auto tango_face_plain.png

Oh and i confirmed my system to be normal ground. Unlike the 99+. 

Edited by Florin1