• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline Economy and MPG

Mopar1973Man

@Quadzilla Power was not able to recreate the red x’s staying on the screen when I restarted the truck and app. So if I clear the date log after a couple hrs it will free up the memory?

Wonderful I think I can figure the MPG stuff out now! 

Thanks all

BTW I am going to be trying to build a tune over the next week to maximize fuel mileage with this rig on my truck. It’s about 1600 lbs and over this past weekend I was averaging 13 MPG(hand math) with @Me78569‘s mild injector tune. I am going to start with the tune builder but if you guys have recommendations I am all ears.

196859C5-BF4F-4E53-9290-BED15DD95208.jpeg

• Owner

In a nutshell as you make changes to the tune watch the engine load number more so. As you get closer to your optimal mark your engine load number will go down for the same speed. Might not be much but every little bit counts. Just remember engine load translates into the amount of fuel being delivered to the engine. Little easier to look at that than the CANBus fuel number which is the very same number but from zero to 4,095. 

The biggest thing against you is the tires. I'm going to assume you have 3.55 gears. Basically, you've got a final gear ratio of 3.27:1 to the ground if the axles are geared 3.55. Now if you had 4.10 gears and those tires you would be in the optimal mark for gearing at 3.78:1 almost a perfect 3.73 gear ratio. 

• Thanks 2

• Owner

Being I've got a set race track I do every Tues, Thurs, and Sat it makes it easy to study the effects of a change in a few laps. Basically run 250 miles every trip so I've got good data to play with.

3.73 should get you close to 3.55 final. Like my last trip towing my 31 foot RV weighing roughly 8,000 pounds I still got 15.9 MPG.

Selection_087.png

• Owner

Yes. Just dropping from level 7 to level 3 then I can mat the throttle climbing grades and never reach 1200F EGTs.

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

@Quadzilla Power as for the reset of trip if they are left in the off position it will reset the trip every time you hook back up. If they are left on the trip data is saved from cycle to cycle.

Its seems to reset in both positions. Both on or off Avg MPG is zero at next key on event.

17 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Zero.

Capture+_2018-09-06-13-22-40.png

@Mopar1973Man I just did the lates flash above for my box do I also need to update my app? I don’t have the avg mpg reset option in my settings. Here is the vehicle selection I have chosen. I have toggled between most of them, but I am beginning to think my app is out of date:shrug:

00EAFDEE-F542-4F41-86A1-51177CEDF385.jpeg

Edited by JDHudsn

You will need to take the tablet to somewhere with WiFi, connect to the internet, then download the vehicle selection list again. Something to note, the Quadzilla Only Test 2 has gone away, it will still remain in your list unless you do a "clear data" or delete the app (which will delete your tunes as well). There is a new Quadzilla-Only (not all caps) that is versio 3.90 which will download that will give you the newer AVG_MPG reset. As soon as we get Mike's bug where it resets everytime figured out then we will release it to the public. 

Edited by Quadzilla Power
englilish issues

The update in the Google play store is the latest version of the app. In order to download the latest vehicle list, however, you only need to open it while connected to the internet via WiFi. It will automatically redownload the updated list. Then clock on the vehicle that you are choosing and it will make sure that the vehicle's profile is the latest one to download. 

@Quadzilla Power ok I did the new update and I lost something with the app that was previously very helpful. 

For example, if I chose v2 1998-2002 tuning and selected it. And I chose the anti tm tune to be active I would then be able to toggle to v2 quadzilla only for my vehicle selection. Then I would go to custom tunes click new tune name it anti tm and boom the same timing fueling backdown etc were all automatically filled to the parameters within the tune. With the update I did today I lost that ability. 

Not sure how old the app was on my tablet but that feature was very nice to have!!

If my wording doesn’t make sense let me know I will take a vid to explain it further in detail. 

Unfortunately, that bug has been there for a while on the Bluetooth side of things. You can try and do it again if you'd like. The problem comes from the unreliable nature of the Bluetooth communications. We do read through the tune programmed on the chip when first connected, but doesn't always get all of the parameters correctly. We haven't been able to fix it. 

Its a lot more reliable on the iOS devices.

Edited by Quadzilla Power
phasing

On 9/6/2018 at 11:55 AM, JDHudsn said:

@Mopar1973Man sounds good that’s exactly what is was trying to do. Just tough to go through through the tuning parameters while driving. My axle gearing ratio is actually 3.73’s so it’s a little better but not much.

I want to add that 3.73 gears DID NOT come factory in Dana axles in these trucks. 03 when the AAM axles began is when 3.54 was changed to 3.73 due to economy reasons as 3.54 with autos .69 OD was too tall of a gear set and caused excess load. So unless you put 3.73's in yourself then you have a 3.54 or 4.10. You can tell based on RPM at cruise or looking st the build sheet under the hood. 3.54 with a manual .79 your 1750 ish st 60mph and auto trucks .69 your about 1600 at 60mph. Doesn't seem like a big change but it is 4.10 manual is 2100 at 60 and autos 1920 at 60

On 9/7/2018 at 1:16 PM, Quadzilla Power said:

The update in the Google play store is the latest version of the app. In order to download the latest vehicle list, however, you only need to open it while connected to the internet via WiFi. It will automatically redownload the updated list. Then clock on the vehicle that you are choosing and it will make sure that the vehicle's profile is the latest one to download. 

So is the lasted updates you release primarily geared towards the android operating version? It seems like the apple version is behind as far as updates. Being apple is a pain in the a$$ I wouldn't blame you for it lol

i must add I really wish you hadn't taken the wiretap slider table away. It truely was magical in tuning the wire tap side of the fuel rates. Total smoke free. Now it's still clean but there are poofs here and there where it maybe a little quick psi-psi. Maybe you can have a V2 "pro" mode or something for use who understand how it works and know how to utilize it. That would be awesome...