• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I noticed in the video that the TPS numbers would jump up to 10 real quick that back to zero.  To me that doesn't seem right.  I can't offer any advice on that but it was the first thing I noticed.  The TPS on my OBDLink does not jump around like that.

L8tr

d

maybe that's Torque management kicking in when it shouldn't be?  

Thats something that cuts fueling that comes out of the ECM.  However it shouldn't happen until after you get the truck moving.  Does your tool show you mph?  maybe the PCM is telling fueling to cut?  

Replace the VSS?  The sensor on the rear diff?  

unplug the ABS and try again

Edited by Me78569

Before all of this started I had a problem with the lights and the blower motor not working properly and it turned out to be a super corroded ground lug under the drivers side battery. I replaced the connections with new and it was fixed. I also had the alternator output wire rubbed through end have an intermittent short to ground on the alternator housing. I also repaired the wire and rerouted it further away from the housing. I replaced the alternator just in case. Could any of this have affected my PCM ? If so, could that contribute to my problem? Quite honestly I do not want to throw another part at it unless I have to. I will try playing with the ABS and VSS asap and report back.

• 7 months later...